土曜日, 1月 14, 2006



Choosing a suitable christian name for Baptism!

Not sure whether I am able to go through Baptism in apr this year cos I just joined RCIA abt a mere 3 mths as compared to my peers whom have joined since last jun. I may have to go through another round of RCIA. But I don't mind going through another round of RCIA as I will be able to learn more abt Catholicism. Well this coming tue I may be getting an interview with Father Brys. If I am not wrong this will be the final interview to confirm my faith to GOD. I need to get myself a baptism name as he will ask me for one. I used to be called Jeslin but I don't think this name serve any meaning to me. I still prefer to be called by my english name, hwei ying.

I looked back into my past and I thought I was kinda childish when I was in my secondary days. I used to feel ashamed to be addressed as Hwei Ying. I wanna make myself more "hip" as my peers. I don't have a christian name so when I entered secondary sch, I decided to give myself a christian name. I used to read alot of teens and teenage mag and I got my name: jeslin from the penpal page. I found that this name was quite unique so I called myself jeslin. However, as I grew older, I dread to be called jeslin. I wanna change my name from jeslin to my dialect name, hweiying. The reason why i still used jeslin is for the purpose of convenience and for easy pronounciation. Now I have a purpose of changing my christian name to a more significant one. This time I wanna search for one name that truely reflects who I am or whom I wanna be.

Currently on the list is COLETTE. I know it is kinda hard to pronounce but this name belong to saint colette who have lost her parents by the time she was seventeen. Some similarity of fate for both of us!..hehe..so frens out there if u have any suggestion pls tell me asap...thanks