土曜日, 1月 21, 2006

renovation woes: interior designing is such a chore!

I am really getting really busy busybusy...24hrs a day is not enough!
Okie I only left a week before chinese new yr to spring clean my hse but frankly speaking I don't have the luxury of a week cos I have been tied down by work lately...work till 9pm daily...I need to break. So I only have this weekend to clear the mess and make sure I dump my old furniture by sun evening.

Furnitures to dump: a single bed frame, a wooden cupboard and a study table. Anyone is kind enough to help me move this furniture? I doubt so...

I need to clear away as many junkies as possible before the chinese new yr and prepare for my hse renovation after the new yr...Really got alot more things to do...Haiz.....I am stressed out.
Though my hse has been cleaner and more spacious now as compared to the past ( I used to stay in a cramped environment---cos I dun bother to do hsework and clear the old stuff). But I still need to clear away 2 rooms---make sure these rooms are empty with only 2 or 3 pieces of furnitures. Me gonna create wonders within these 2 days....

As for the big MAKEOVER of my hse: I will be knocking down my toilets and kitchen and repaint the whole hse. Guess it will takes abt 3 weeks. I have been reading alot abt interior designing...I wanna look for a suitable design. I love the neoclassical motifs which is now beri common in lounges. But I also like the minimalism look ofthe zen and white stuff..guess is my split personality at work...a wild inner me covered with a quiet shell..or is the opposite?


Vocabulary:
Neoclassical: A style of architecture and art that developed in the late 19th century that reflects a new revival of interest in classical antiquities from the Greek and Roman cultures of the past.