月曜日, 10月 03, 2005

Hairstylist VS image consultant. Car mechanics VS mechanical engineer

A gd friend of mine told me asked me this question:

" Do u know what the australian students said when their tutor asked them what they want to do after their college graduation?"

I said: "So what did they say?" I already have a set of answers that what S'porean students will say in mind.

My friend replied: " They will say about their dreams, like what they aspire to be...hairstylist, car mechanics, etc.." I will not be surprised if one will say I wanna be a farmer.

It is time for us to reflect on it. Where have your childhood dreams go to? I graduated with a degree and so wat? I always get people saying that it will be a waste that I did not apply for a management, or marketing job...etc. I took over the family business. Yup, I don't get the glamour from working at my place than in a corporate company. Giving out name cards with the MNCs logo on it..So wat? I still enjoy what I am doing now. Serving my customers and building a good relationship with the people I meet and the environment etc...At the end of the day it is you who decide who u wanna be. Yes, sometimes you may be forced by circumstances...but you will have to stay on and wait for your turn. If the chance comes, grab it and make it happen. Don't always watch things happen, be the creator! And leave the rest to GOD.
I am waiting for my big break too! Let's work hard together my friends!