日曜日, 1月 22, 2006

late nite reading at borders

I have been sleeping late recently. Well guess too much of caffeine being consumed and now I have to bear with the side effects.

I always love to go out late at night when there is less crowd. Last night I was at Borders at abt 10.30pm. I love late nite shopping...hehe...I get to read alot of magazines and flipped thru a few books. Finally, I bought a book called BEANS--four principles for running a biz in gd times or bad. Guess I am afterall a business grad and I am running a business now so this bk appeals to me at 1st sight. It is abt the experience of a coffee retail chain.

Some historical facts abt coffee...started in 600AD--COFFEE made its migration from Ethiopia to Arabica. In 1938, Nestle in brazil invented the 1st instant coffee--Nescafe. Viola!
1971, the 1st starbucks opens in seattle. haha lets talk abt Sleepless in Seattle...we shld give credit to Starbucks for this.

I also managed to get some more ideas from UK and Europe interior designing magazines..These angmohs are really creative siah! I like the bold colors and designs. I love the furniture......But they all are priced in pounds like 2k to 5k pounds for a sofa...OMG! damn expensive and also exclusive as they are designer stuff....I want a phillip stark chair....Or I have to invent my own Phillip "Stuck" chair liao...cos no money to buy it.

Anyway, I stayed at borders until 12 midnite...Haiz How I wished They are opened for 24 hrs on FRI and Sat...Life in singapore are damn boring....Pple sleep to early liao.