月曜日, 2月 27, 2006

old folks deserve better!

I met my neighbour at the corridor today.

He said: " why u didn't come to our church?"
I said:" Actually I am with another church; I went to ur church that day is becos auntie invited me there."

He said:" Oh....so u going out now?"
I said:" Yup, mi going to st Joseph Home; I brought some stuff for them."
He said:" Oh, so you giving away things that you don't use lah."

Got abit shocked by his reply....then I replied:
" No lah, I bought food stuffs for them."

As expected, He was surprised too.....

Moral of the event: Those pple from old folks homes, children homes, hospice etc-----DESERVE BETTER THINGS THAN THINGS THAT WE DON'T USE/ DON'T WANT ANYMORE.

THESE PPLE ARE HUMAN BEINGS LIKE US WITH DIGNITY. WE SHLD TREAT THEM WITH DIGNITY TOO! these homes are not dumping grounds of things you don't want.....see what happened to the salvation army donation booth...flooded with unwanted things! Though these pple may be abit unfortunate than us but they deserve better treatment than being treated like beggers for love and material stuffs.

IT is always alright to spend some money to get them new stuffs and food. It is apart of sharing our love and fortunes that GOD has given us. Especially as christians, we shld show more love and mercy towards these pple in society.

HOW would u feel if someone give you things that they don't want and expect u too accept the "gift" with joy and gratefulness?

lastly, I wanna thank zatan for inviting me to st joseph home...it is a wonderful experience...